Sunday, April 5, 2020

April 5, in room 208

  March 11, the last time the U.S. women's team played, the last time I shook hands with someone. The last time I left my house to go out expressly to see my friends. Buffalo Wild Wings, not my choice knowing I was going in to say goodbye, but we're Rebels, we go where the game's on. Tim agreed with my fears and talked about taking his wife and dad up to the cabin in Almanor, Rick said he hadn't planned on changing anything. We laughingly agreed that he would report from the 'frontlines'. We joked about the possibility of games getting cancelled, Olympics pushed back. And then it really happened. Right then, in fact. The NBA announced suspension of games, as did MLB with spring training. I believe the soccer game and Indiana college hoops game we were watching were the last games played in front of a live crowd. What a difference a couple hours and a couple beers can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment